We’re in the ‘counting down to launch’ phase of the 12 Marathons in 12 Months project here at the SweetTree Farming For All HQ – not to be confused with the ‘carb loading’ phase, which joyfully began at Christmas.
Jude has only six weeks until the April 26, 2015 London Marathon – the first event in her 12 marathon challenge.
Never having run a marathon before, Jude has been training for this feat for six months.
Lessons learned so far include:
- The wrong running shoes will give you shin splints.
- Shin splints mean time off training, physio, icing, compression, and a frustrating wait for healing.
- The right shoes will make you feel like Usain Bolt – at least for the first mile.
- Fitting marathon training into a six-day work week is interesting. Early-morning starts are a must.
- Running never gets any more fun, regardless of the treats you carry…
Jude’s support crew of staff farm assistants, farming volunteers, clients, friends, and family are soon to rally their contacts and connections to support Jude where possible.
With six weeks and 12 months ahead of us, we’ll be looking for:
- Personal donations and corporate sponsors to keep Jude running.
- Nutrition advice to keep her alive.
- Shoe and running clothing donations.
- Support spreading the word about her dedication and work.