During UK school terms, we run bespoke curriculum-based activities for all ages and learning abilities at our care farm , Sweettree Fields Farm.
Programmes include learning about animal and plant lifecycles, animal and insect habitats, animal husbandry and handling, planting and harvesting vegetables and plants, team-building woodland obstacle course and nature trail, outdoor cooking, and nutrition and healthy living.
We offer long-term programmes and half-day activities, and specialise in working with students with additional needs.
If you are a school who is interested in such programmes please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 644 9505 if you would prefer to discuss this.
Let It Grow – Young Farmers
Our youth transitional day service, Let it Grow- Young Farmers, is personalised to each persons abilities, interests and support plan or personal goals and aims to increase independence, confidence, practical skills and transferable life skills with the aim of helping each person reach their full potential.
This quiet outdoor environment suits people who require more support or a consistent routine. Our care farm has been specifically built to enable our participants be as independent as possible and has many physical features that facilitates this.
The service is structured to fit within school times and term dates, and activities can cover all aspects of farm life with the focus centring on experiential learning, social skills and transferable life skills.
“My son has loved the farm so much – it has breathed fresh air into him. It has been great for him to get away from his Xbox, and he is exhausted at the end of the day!” – Mother of a programme participant.
Let it Grow – Young Farmers
Referring someone is easy. We can accept referrals from a family member or professional such as a social work or residential care unit
- Please fill in our referral form and email it back to email@example.com or call us to discuss a participants particular requirements.
- We encourage potential participants to come to the care farm for an informal chat and walk around the site.
- We then jointly agree a suitable date for a free Taster day. This is in order for us to risk asses the person onsite as well as providing them with a chance to ensure the project is what they require.
- We agree a day of the week for weekly attendance and agree a start date.
- Funding must be agreed and in place before a start date begins with written confirmation from any finance department. Please note that participants will be charged for any day they do not attend unless we receive 4 weeks written notice of non attendance
- Attendance begins on an agreed start date
Please call us on 0207 644 9505 if you would prefer to discuss this.